For those of you who formula feed baby...

What kind of formula do you use and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use Enfamil Gentlease and my little guy is a very happy camper. It keeps him less gassy than Similac and WIC covers it, which I am really thankful for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Nestle Good Start. It's what WIC gave us and my DD has never had a problem so we never changed it.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Enfamil for one son (it was at Costco and okay by the ped) Nutramigen for the other colicky kid.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:45 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I used Similac Advance with Iron. My mother used Similac on my brother and sister when they were born years ago. And the hospital referred it to me as well. I have not had any problems with it and highly recommend it.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 11:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Enfamil Lipil ... it's what she was put on in the hospital.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• With dd I used enfamil lipil, it was recommended by her doctor after we got her off the prescription stuff.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 11:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• we use enfamil....less bubbles when you shake it up and it just seemes right. :) the dr. suggested it
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 12:00 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• enfamil lipil, w/my daughter thats what she got in the hospital, and when i tried to change it everything else upset her tummy til she was about 8 months, we switched to good start b/c it was alot cheaper and she grew like crazy on it. with my son he's on enfamil lipil as well, she did well on it so when given the option in the hospital i asked for enfamil
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:07 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• "we use enfamil....less bubbles when you shake it up"

Less bubbles? That's weird.. they all have about the same amount of air bubbles when shaken up, most formulas are the exact same regardless of name (Enfamil, Similac, Good Start, etc etc..) not trying to start anything just thought that was weird..

For my son I used Enfamil Lipil w/Iron we got it on WIC and when we had to buy extra I would buy Nestle Good Start never seemed to have an issue with it.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:09 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I used Enfamil Lipil until the coupons ran out- then I went with the store brand- the ingredents are regulated by the FDA and are almost identical. The cost is considerably less. If i formula feed my 2nd baby I am definately going to start with the generics!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:08 AM on Aug. 25, 2009