how in the world do i let my girls do more things when i have anxiety issues?

i take valium 2 times a day, i have 5 children at home 2 teen girls , 5yr. old boy and 2 yr. old twins. my husbandgrounds them for good reasons, but he is gone for work alot and im left here to give in to what they want, but then i am left here alone wandering if they are okay.

jax533

Asked by jax533 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I had a lot of bad experiences when I was little and I have done everything I could to make sure that none of those things ever happened to my kids. So far I think that I have done a good job at that but also they are extremely sheltered until about a year ago. We had an issue with my oldest at the time (16) and we got a family councelor. She told me that I had to let them do things or they would be stunted. I told her that when they turn 18 they can do whatever they like and she didn't like that too much. I asked her the same question you are asking now. She asked me if I was happy with the person I am today as a whole. I told her I was. She informed me that I was the person I was today because of the things I experienced so many years ago. If my kids aren't out making mistakes and learning they aren't going to get along too well later. Good moms always worry about their kids when they are out. NO giving in!!
    Yimpulsiveme

Answer by Yimpulsiveme at 3:36 AM on Aug. 25, 2009