Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

about dievorce and the coustudy of children

hi, i know its a weired quetion but plz help me one of my friend wnats dievorce from her husband, she is not working lady and donot want to give her children to his husband. kidz are under 5 years, and she is canadian citizen, plz i need to know what canada's women right's says about it, can any body help me ?????????

Answer Question

Asked by honeykhan at 12:06 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Try these sites

    You can also google Child Custody Rights in Canada or Child Custody and Divorce Laws in Canada.


    Answer by prcd_n_tatd at 12:12 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

  • I'm confused. She's a Canadian but living in the U.S. and married to a U.S. citizen with children U.S. citizens? If so, I would imagine she'd have to go through the U S state of residence divorce laws. She needs to speak with an attorney. She may want to talk to an Immigration Attorney to see what her rights are. Of course if she is married and resides in Canada...I have no clue!

    Answer by admckenzie at 12:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

  • Try this site too

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

  • Well I don't know what Canada Laws are, or if your friend is a Canadian citizen living in the USA with a USA husband how that could affect her chance at custody. I think your friend talk to a lawyer and find out what her rights are, and what custody laws are.

    Answer by MizLee at 9:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.