Never right...

So here's the short version. We tried to have a baby for a year. I got pregnant, miscarried, and then careers put the baby making on hold. After that we agree that once we weren't crazy busy on the road we would have a kid, and once we had a substantial savings account. A few months ago it all happened, but now he wants to wait. I don't want to force him to have kids because obviously having a kid when one person doesn't is a bad idea. Well, I really don't want to wait, because what will happen is the career thing will be taking off again in a year and I can't do what I do and be pregnant. It will get postponed and postponed and postponed, because another weekend is a several thousand dollars, and there are plenty of weekends in a year. I've talked to my husband and he says he's not sure he wants kids now. i've been of bc for awhile (terrible side effects) but don't know what to do...

Pumelo

Asked by Pumelo at 12:20 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• LMAO, who needs right when there's up, down, left and all around.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 7:32 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Well... Have you guys been using condoms for bc?
    If not... you'll have to point that out. I did that with my DH. :]
    I wasn't on bc myself, he said he didn't want another and I did. I informed him that he's not using condoms - and he's a grownup and perfectly aware of that. Since I wanted another, and he does not - he'll have to be responsible for purchasing the condoms... or at least putting it on before sex.

Other than that... you can ask him why he's not certain he wants another kid. is it because you two are in a good financial spot and he doesn't want to lose it? Because if you were to get pregnant - the income would be one person, and no longer two? Is there a concern for the first child of whatever reason to have him be hesitant? Etc.

Good luck. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 12:28 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Financially we are more than stable. We could both quit working for the next 5 years and still be able to support a family. Our relationship is good as well. He just says he is in no hurry, and that while he wanted kids before, he just isn't sure he wants them now. "The world is going downhill, and I don't think it's fair to have kids in it" "The kids nowadays are lazy and worthless" "blah blah blah.
    As far as the condoms, no not so much. Like I said too, I'm not a real fertile person. Either way, I just feel like I'm being led on. Like I finally reach the time where it works, then BAM-back to having no kids. Sorry to everyone reading this, I just figured maybe someone had a similar story.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 11:32 AM on Aug. 25, 2009