Why does EVERYTHING have ASPERTAME in it now?

This low-fat, sugar free shit is really making me mad. I can taste it in stuff and it leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. Everything I usually buy that I like has freakin aspertame in it! I got a pack of gum and it tasted kinda bad and I looked at the ingerdients guess what..... f-ing aspertame. I got the gallon of peach tea that I usually get but this one tasted bad........ aspertame. That crap is bad too, I would rather be fat than have that junk in me. There is that new truvia sugar substitute, I haven't tried it yet but atleast it is natural. Why can't they put that in my tea and gum and yogurt? I have hated the taste of artificial sweetners(sweet n low, equal) since I was a kid, now it's the new thing and I can't even enjoy my fatty, sugar-packed junk anymore. Even the "huggies" from Aldi have it, why would that crap be put in a kid's drink?

Sorry, I know I don't need my "junk" but I used to enjoy it, now it's ruined.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I used to hate the taste of artificial sweeteners but then I just got used to it.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 12:32 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Oh, I totally agree with you! I swear I remember yogurt coming in either non-fat or low-fat. Now the non-fat version is "light" and it has aspertame or splenda or some other god awful sweetener. Ick! The only thing I don't seem to mind is diet soda. But everything else is so nasty. I think everything in moderation is okay. It's better to have a little bit of the real thing, just keep the portion small and don't indulge every day. Sugar, honey and cocoa are natural ingredients that are really not bad for you, as long as you don't over do it.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:17 AM on Aug. 25, 2009