did anyone get blurred vision and headaches in third trimester?

i'm 36 weeks and the passed two days have gotten a pretty uncomfortable headache, annoying in a sense and then i all of sudden get a dizziness (sort of like seeing spots) or blurred vision for a brief few moments, then it's just the headache. i have been eating less bc i'm just not as hungry. i was in the hospital today for low fetal movement, but thank God, baby is fine! she had a very strong heartbeat and everything was ok. the nurses checked my blood pressure and there seemed to be no problems there. i just never had these headaches before and they say i could just be dehydrated. i honestly drink about 3L of water per day......could i be dehydrated? has anyone had these issues late in pregnancy? thank you for your time girls! i appreciate it!

tinac79

Asked by tinac79 at 12:36 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had issues like that, but they were related to pre-eclampsia. if they checked your pressure and you were ok, and you drink lots of water i really don't have any idea (but i hope you feel better :)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:38 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I agree, just make sure it's not because of blood pressure which can affect headaches, vision and everything...my bp was low which caused me to be dizzy
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I honestly think u r just getting overly excited and nervous about the baby coming soon and u need 2 just relax if thats possible I know its hard I freaked out bout everything when I was pregnant towards the end of it like u r I just tried 2 relax,sleep if u can,just get ready for her coming!relax!towards teh end I thought I couldnt feel her as much my crappy Dr office nurse would say it was bc she is getting so big she has less room 2 move around but the end of pregancy u cant take that chance I forget what they call it but u have 2 lay down on ur left side after drinking juice and lay there feeling ur baby and u have too count the kicks/movements if u feel 10 kicks/movements in an hr I believe than u r good I had 2 do alot near the end of my pregancy!the friday b4 I had my baby my bp was sky high and I had 2 go 2 hosp 2 make sure we were doin ok and we were my bp went down and I went home after the test and ultrasound!relax:
    mybabygirl2007

Answer by mybabygirl2007 at 4:23 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I went home and the rest of the weekend I just relaxed!I ended up having a c-section on my due date and I had a beautiful baby girl named Leila Grace weighing 9pds7oz 21in long so I am sure u will be just fine and just drink water and sum juice do the baby kicks if u get worried bout not feeling the baby!she will be here soon and than a whole other things 2 worry about start!take care hope this helps u!
    mybabygirl2007

Answer by mybabygirl2007 at 4:27 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I had one migraine while pregnant and another while nursing. (Sounds like what you are talking about.) Increased Estrogen and stress can trigger a migraine. If your pressure is all right just try to keep the stress down.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 7:37 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Sounds like pre-eclampsia. Better get checked out. What about any like flashing lights in front of your eyes? My doc just asked me these questions last week at my appt and I had hi blood pressure and sent me to the hospital.
    KKCMom

Answer by KKCMom at 7:53 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I had those symptoms and it turned out to be preeclampsia. Did you bring this up to you doc?I had headaches that nothing cured.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I'm like everyone else, I had pre-eclampsia and anemia. My iron was so low I had to go to the hospital for iron IV's. Not fun at all. Plus, I almost passed out in the parking lot walking into work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Could be an iron deficiency. Are you craving ice chips or anything strange? Do you find that your energy level is exceptionally low?

I've seen occasional spots w/ my past pregnancies, but I always have low iron and need an iron supplement. I had one migraine after my 2nd baby and it was HORRIBLE, but at least you're just having headaches and not migraines.

I'm 36 weeks and 5 days....it's almost over! Hang in there! :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:21 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i did but i had HELLP syndrome, so it was from the high b.p. and that issue.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:42 AM on Aug. 25, 2009