Would you rather come to this or just keep to your alternative meds in Mexico?

Instead of empowering Hispanics by providing them with a menu of private health care plans to choose from, Washington politicians are lobbying the Hispanic community to support a public plan. A public plan is simply a fancy term to describe a government-run insurance plan that could mean longer wait lines for service. Instead of debating the projections that a public plan would reduce private insurance options, advocates for a public plan often resort to playing on emotion, citing the number of uninsured in our country.

Indeed, our health care system is in serious need of repair. And despite what you may have heard, conservatives in this country are committed to insuring the millions of Americans who lack health coverage. The difference is that conservatives want to empower individuals

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am hispanic and I am not going to support a public plan.We have a private plan because we own are own business.I do not need to be empowered.I do not need anyone telling me what to do or what to support.There are millions of americans who do not even have health insurance at all.They just had a health care fair and there were so many people coming from out of state just to get medical care.They said the reason that they have these fairs is that there are so many americans without insurance that it so pitiful.That here in the us so many american citizens can't even afford healthcare.I feel very sorry for the americans.I have never seen so many white people in for health care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama on Tuesday...

***

Old news?!

Have you READ HR 3200? You can Google it if you want. Granted, most of it is supposedly being revised, and a newer version should be coming out shortly--hopefully we'll be able to see before the House rushes to vote on it.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:20 AM on Aug. 25, 2009