flashback...what was your favorite school day fad?

I remember in elementary school in the 80s being so excited to wear my side tie for my shirt, crimp my hair, and wear those bright plastic necklaces. I remember having a pair of hammer pants lol.

What's your favorite fad memory?

a_and_j_momma

Asked by a_and_j_momma at 12:59 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• In grade school I had a shirt with 20-30 neon colored faces with different expressions on them, below each one the expression was spelled out (gnarly, crazy, righteous...) The top of the shirt said "HAVE A..." then there were all of the faces, the bottom of the shirt said "DAY" Those, paired with my black and white checkered stirrup pants plus roller skates with floresent pink wheels made me Totally unstoppable!! The at home perm on the other hand, not so much:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:03 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I had a pair of hammer pants too, but I dont think it was my favorite. I had a whitewashed jean skirt that had manufactured holes randomly under the pockets. Attached to the skirt underneath was a black lace skirt. I wore pink tights and a glittery pink shirt I got as a handmedown from my neighbor. I thought I was the shit until i went to school and everyone told me I looked like Madonna. I was in elementary school, what did I know?
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:03 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• stir-up pants and tye-dye everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Aug. 25, 2009