Could be twins?

I am about 12 weeks along with my 2nd pregnancy and look like I did at around 20 weeks with my 1st pregnancy. I am going in for a fetal heart beat test on wednesday- can I ask for a ultrasound to check for possible twins, or do I have to wait for the 20 week appt?

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 12:59 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If there is a possiblity of twins you can make an ultrasound appt, however A fetal heartbeat test will show two heart beats- the strip would be ALL over the place.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 1:01 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• If you haven't had a first ultrasound.. they generally do give you one anyway.
    I had one at about.. 7 weeks - then around my twelfth, 20th.... and one more time - however, that was a bit more since I was going into early labor.

You could always ask - your insurance may or may not cover it, however, since it's a voluntary type. I would ask the ladies up front to call your insurance and sak them if they'd cover it or you could give the insurance people a call as well. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 1:01 AM on Aug. 25, 2009