Upromise? Has anyone used this college savings service?

I have been thinking about signing up for awhile now but wanted to get feedback from others who have used it and especially any who have used it towards school already.

3_ring_circus_

Asked by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:14 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in

• I've used it. I like it. I don't worry about buying what is on th extra points list. I just buy what I buy and it adds up. Don't let it suck you into spending more than you would. (I pay off my balance every month.) It was no trouble getting our reward money out. No hassle what so ever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• If you shop online a lot, it may be worth it. But as far as signing up your store card... it's a waste of time and money and energy because only certain items count towards the savings. I rarely buy name brands and the things I do buy are never on the shopping list. I save more money by buying the store brands and just paying the stupid loan. When I do shop online it is still a waste because it is so store/item specific that you really don't save up much and may actually spend more. Good luck to you though. Sorry I can't be more of a help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I never use any of the brands that offer savings...

Answer by rkoloms at 3:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2009