Is having a baby really worth it?

I know all moms say they wouldn't take it back. But lets say you could do your life over. Would you still have kids? My husband wants to have kids, and I'm ready. But what if its just baby fever & I have a kid, and I feel like its the wrong desicion. We have been talking about having kids for a year now. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• if i could do my life over, theres no way in hell i would change having my daughter. id do it 1 million times over just to have my little girl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I can't imagine life without kids. I would have waited, since I got pregnant right before high school graduation, but I would never give up being a mom.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:23 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• im still pregnant with my 1sti would still do it over if i lived my life over.if your having doubts i think its best to make sure that kids are what you want and are ready for.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 1:30 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• We've been together forever...

Only had our son recently.

Don't have a baby until you're absolutely sure. The kid deserves it.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 1:41 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• If you are feeling like you want a baby, and you know all the pros and cons, ready to stay up all night long a lot of nights, ready to put someone else before yourself, and still feel that it's worth it, then you're ready. I had my first son at 19. I wouldn't change it for anything. I had been married just a few months when I got pregnant. To top that, hubby joined the Air Force and left 2 weeks after DS was born for 4 months. It was hard, but I wouldn't change it for the world. We have 3 kids now, and we know we are done, but we wouldn't change anything about any 3 of our kids birth or timing or anything.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:51 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I've made alot of mistakes in my life, and whenever I think about going back and changing things, the only reason I wouldn't change things is then I wouldn't have my kids. My kids is the only thing I wouldn't change about my past...well not the only...but you know what I'm saying. My kids have made my life worth living! Now I have grandkids and it is all so amazing to me!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:15 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i love my kids and cant imagine my life with out them,but i think i would of waited a bit...i had my 1st at 19,i had to grow up quick
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 4:01 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• That satement is true for me when it comes to some decision I've made personally or slacking on stuff I could have finished along time ago or saving money or not buying stuff the list goes on but never about my kids! I cannot imagine my life with out them! I recently lost my first born twin son and you learn to appreciate your kids no matter what, having been there and losing a baby changes everything! I never want to lose another child again and NO I don't regret my kids and would never change having them or the timing! If your ready go for it just know that it's not easy. There are wonders to being a mom and there are challenges but it's all worth it! Really it is!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:37 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i wouldnt change having my baby girl for anything in the world!!! its hard its a pain sometimes theres no sleep and the only reward you get is the greatest little gummy smile in the entire world, the cutest giggles and the best conversations you ever have even if it is just babbles on the other end
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 4:57 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I would wait longer (I was 17 when I had my first, I would probably be ttc now if I had my way).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on Aug. 25, 2009