My baby won't sleep!

She can usuall sleep though anything and go to sleep to anything. She has been up almost all day and she is still awake!!!
She will be 2 months old on Thursday. What do I do?

Marleys_Mom

Asked by Marleys_Mom at 1:22 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She'll be awake all day today and then sleep a lot tomorrow. It's the beginning of a growth spurt. At least that's one of the signs my son has. He'll be up the full 16+ hours I am, then fall asleep and wake up again the next morning and take several long naps during that day and then the next few days he'll be more hungry than normal and by the time the week is over he'll be an inch taller and 2lbs heavier.

Your daughter has already had her 3 week growth spurt (I'm guessing) so you know her signs, but to me that's what it sounds like. Babies have growth spurts at 1 week, 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months and 9 months. I'm pretty sure this is her 6 week growth spurt unless she's already had it. As long as she's not fussy or anything I wouldn't worry about it. She'll sleep when she's tired. Hope this helped. Good luck!
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 3:52 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• JUST GIVE IT TIME I HAVE A 7 MONTH AND YES ITS STRESSFUL BUT SHE WILL START SLEEPING MORE MY BABY WAKES UP LIKE 1 TIME IN THE NIGHT. YOU CAN ALSO TRY ROCKING HER TO SLEEP OR SINGING AND MY BABY LIKES REALLY SOFT BLANKETS WHEN HE IS SLEEPING DURING THE DAY. HOPE THIS HELPS GOOD LUCK.
    i_love_jude

Answer by i_love_jude at 1:52 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• She usually sleeps great. She has been awake since pretty much 11 am. With 2 or 3 15 minute naps here and there but she just won't go to sleep. She doesn't have a dirty diaper and I've fed her... so I know shes not hungry. She just won't go to sleep. I've tried everything I can think of.
    Marleys_Mom

Answer by Marleys_Mom at 2:10 AM on Aug. 25, 2009