what are the first signs of labor??

well im 33 weeks and 2 days pregnant my stomach is really low and im having lots of discharge and i get stabbing pains around my ovaries and some pressure my baby moves alot now but when i got checked 2 weeks ago she was head down so idk if im having signs of labor just need a lil help cuz is my first child and i dont know how it feels or the signs.

datmami22

Asked by datmami22 at 1:43 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I remember I felt like I was run over by a truck. I DREADED getting off the sofa to pee. I would put it off as long as possible.

My son came three weeks early. I was totally surprised the night I went into labor. You'll know labor when it hits. NOTHING like it.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 1:46 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I'd have to agree with upsy...
    My friends all told me I'd just KNOW when I went into labor, I always thought they were ridiculous.. until I went into labor. And I KNEW. lol. It's virtually impossible to just "be unsure."
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 1:51 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I have to say I disagree with the ladies above, with my first I thought I was having to take a really bad poop and have stomach cramps like I had to go, til I figured out it was coming and going and not reducing or disappearing when I moved around (like braxton hicks do, go away when you change position). It's like the braxton, but much much more painful, it's a tightening of your lower abdomon muscles. Lower back pain and nesting are also signs of a pending labor.....
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 2:18 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• For me~ contractions.
    They started mild & occasional, but really worked into a very consistent pattern, and increased intensity.

But it's not always contractions that start labor, occasionally water breaks and contractions will start sometime after.

If you are this early then it sounds like your body is doing the usual stuff at this stage.
    Be sure to be well hydrated!!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2009