HOW DO YOU GET YOUR BABY TO SLEEP ALL NIGHT

I cant get my 7 month old baby to sleep all night long he wakes up 1 or 2 times a night and it's driving me crazy! i need some sleep, and he gets up at 6:30 or 7 in the morning. HELP

i_love_jude

Asked by i_love_jude at 1:48 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When he wakes up, you don't need to go in. Give him a bit of time...at least 10 minutes to re-settle.

Experts say every 1 1/2 hours we lightly wake to re-adjust our position and fall back asleep again.

If you run in every time you hear your son re-adjusting his position, he will fully awake and then you're in trouble.

My son slept through the night at four months. (six hours) And still to this day sometimes wakes in the night and re-adjusts, then falls asleep again.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 1:51 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• like 07upsydaisy said everyone wakes up alot in the middle of the night now the thing is if your son fell asleep in your arms or in a different room then his bedroom or something like that he's going to wake up with a vengance because he'll get startled by things being different then they were when he fell asleep. So if yuou aren't already make sure he falls asleep in bed and when he wakes up you give him a few minutes to settle back down and if he doesn't THEN go check on him. my sons 13 mo.s old he's been sleeping through the night (6 hours) since he was 2 or 3 mo.s old and he'll wake up in the middle of the night still and fuss. I just wait 5 or 10 minutes and if he isn't quiet by then I'll go check on him. Also make sure not to bring him into bed with you because he may be waking up for the express purpose of getting into bed with you and he probably wiggles alot being so old and modern beds are quite high off the floor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Aug. 25, 2009