Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I do.. no insurance and no money

Since around the time I got pregnant with my daughter (she was born in May '09) I have had not only skin tags appear but two abnormal growths. One of them is on the right side of my neck, the other on my right forearm. The one on my neck is large (keeps getting bigger and redder) and the one on my forearm almost looks like a scar, but can tell that is what it isn't... I know I need to see a doctor, but not only do I not have the money to, I also have no insurance and do not apply for any assistance of any kind... does anyone know what I should do?? I am afraid of poss. having cancer or anything else it could be. I don't see it being normal at all. Yes, I tend to think the worst until proven otherwise. Thanks for any advice!! I live in northern SD.


Asked by SlapHappi at 1:48 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Health

Level 7 (206 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.


    Answer by rkoloms at 1:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

  • get medical assistance from Dept. of Human Services

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

  • I know how you feel. I've been in that situation. Cut costs, even if it means eating mac and cheese for a week to scrimp up enough money for an office visit to your doctor. They're usually under $100. Just pay out of pocket and if they think it's a problem then file for indegent care through your state. You can get the forms at the hospital. Chances are it's just your skin being weird after pregnancy, but you're right, it should be checked out just in case. I've been there myself with weird moles and such and it freaks me out too. Just do your best. Call your doc's office and ask what their office visits run and then pinch pennies until you have it.

    Answer by Ati_13 at 1:53 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

  • try to find a clinic where they go by income,or just apply for assistance...think of your baby,you take care of her so u should do the same for yourself!

    Answer by Skurvy at 3:52 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

  • Thanks for the advice ladies.. I did find a community health center near me and will be seeing if I can get in Monday. Thanks again!

    Answer by SlapHappi at 9:43 AM on Aug. 26, 2009