when did your baby....

.... start lifting his/hers head
.... started tummy time
.... eating 3-4oz

Thanks Ladies!!!
I have a newborn he is 12 days old... jst soo many questions lol... im a first time, widowed mommy so i have no one else that can b here to answer or find the answers to my questions.

dlepasti

Asked by dlepasti at 1:52 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Seems like forever...

I think my son was about two months old when he started to lift his head during tummy time.

I would have to look at my journal to know when he ate 3-4 oz. If it's really important to you to know, PM me and I'll look it up tomorrow morning.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 1:55 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• hi, so happy for your blessing!
    babies are all different so I would say around 1 month they drink that much but I had big 9-10 lb babies! lift head 4 mo. roll over 6-8 months just try and let it eat all it wants and burp every few minutes? God Bless mom of 4
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:57 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• u are not breastfeeding?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• my son has been trying very hard to lift his head he has gotten it quite a few times and he is now etting 3-4 oz every feeding, i jst wanted to see if he was wthin the norm lol... im scared he is not devloping on time i guess lol... jst want to make sure he is healthy and doing well..
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 2:00 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i am not breastfeeding because i cant, i had a breast reduction surgery....
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 2:02 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• MY SON STARTED TO LIFT HIS HEAD AT LIKE 4OR5 MONTHS OLD AND YOU WANT TO START PUTTING THEM ON THERE TUMMY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE AS THEY GET OLDER THEY WONT LIKE IT AND THEY WILL THROUGH A FIT BELIEVE ME MY SON DID IT ANS I HAD TO JUST LET HIM THROUGH A FIT ON THE FLOOR UNTIL HE GOT USE TO IT. HOPE IT HELP .
    i_love_jude

Answer by i_love_jude at 2:09 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Lifting his head up? At about 3 weeks. You're supposed to start tummy time within the first week of their life. 10 minute intervals several times a day, unless he gets upset. Then pick him up and try again later. The reason tummy time is so important is because it helps strengthen the neck muscles which teaches babies how to lift their head up and hold it up. It also teaches them how to crawl and I heard it has a connection to them learning how to talk. It was something I heard on the internet so do some research before you take my word on it. And my son was eating 3-4oz at around your son's age. Now at 4.5 months he eats about 4-5oz per bottle unless I feed him cereal or baby food then he eats about 3-4oz of formula along with his baby food.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 3:48 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My son started lifting his head day he was born. some do some dont. We started tummy time the day his umbilicol cord came off. and he starting eating about 4 oz at around 3 weeks.
    NavyWifey122305

Answer by NavyWifey122305 at 7:36 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My son is 19 days old but would barely be 37 week gestation. He already eats 3 or 4 oz and tries to hold his head up. Is that normal?
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 11:35 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My son started out drinking 3-4 oz's. He was a big eater from the beginning. My Pedi said to start with tummy time right away. Don't hesitate to start tummy time. My son wasn't too interested in it for long. He started lifting his head up within the first month, but he started to be able to hold his head for long periods at about 3 mo. My son is 11mo's old now, so I'm kind of guessing right now. That was a long time ago it seems.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2009