White for a 1st time bride with 2 kids?

I am getting married for the first time. I'm 35 so it's been a wait for me to find the man who is mine, so yay!
I wanted to wear white. I keep finding Ivory gowns/dresses. And I started to wonder, is it really appropriate for me to be wearing white..at my age and since I am very obviously, not a virgin?
What say you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my fiance and I have a beautiful son together already and you bet I am wearing white. I think that times have changed and nobody will think twice about it and if they do, screw them. Its my wedding.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:34 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• You should wear whatever you really like and makes you feel beautiful and special. And if its White, then great! The bride wore an emerald green gown at a wedding I went to. So I think whatever makes you happy. It's your special day!
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 2:39 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Wear whatever makes you feel beautiful. If you feel uneasy wearing all white for some reason, get one of those beautiful white gowns that have red details (a ribbon or the opening at the bottom that is red fabric) on it so you still get to wear the white and you have the red to break it up (and red symbolizes love).
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 2:46 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• its your wedding. make it your day.
    Ashlee0323

Answer by Ashlee0323 at 3:08 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Thanks ladies. I AM gonna do what I want and if anyone doesn't like it, then I guess they are free not to do the same thing at their own wedding!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I don't think it matters if your virgin or not....if you want to wear white on your wedding day, go for it! I really wanted a white wedding dress for my wedding but I was 6 months pregnant and our wedding was thrown thogether in a month! I didnt have time to order a white maternity dress, so I just had to take what they had: navy blue. But it was a beautiful dress and everything turned out great!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 7:22 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Wear what you want - it is your day!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2009