i NEED iDEAS- WHAT iS A GOOD THEME FOR A 1ST BiRTHDAY?

My little girl is turning 1 in October the day after my 21st birthday & i still have no idea what to do for her birthday... Big party - little party? theme? where? help! Im not really sure if i should go all out b/c shes so little .. I don't know - any ideas would be helpful .. Thanks! :]]

JessiEvo

Asked by JessiEvo at 2:45 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Theme it based on what she's really into at the time. Whether it's Dora, Teddy Bears, or even just the color purple. Whatever your daughter is in love with at the time. I would also keep the party small. Any child's birthday can be a lot of work and stressful, so I would keep it small to make it manageable. If you have room in your hope, then I would just keep it at home. If not, then I would find a small venue to hold it in. Something you can rent out. I would personally avoid kids centers like Chucky Cheese, or places of that sort. There are WAY too many children there and it would be hard to keep track of all the toddlers. I suggest that when you're decorating, if you're using Dora for example. To only use a couple of Dora staples. Like a few balloons and a banner. The rest of it can be plain colored to help save on cost.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• anything or anyone your kiddo will recognize! A character like barney or elmo..... a favorite color or even object. bunny, bear, horse, etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:47 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• YMCA pool party indoors
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• for my best friends little girls birthday we didnt' go all out, just some family and a simple little party at the house, or maybe if you house isn't big enough a small hall. Disney princesses are pretty popular, or maybe a dora birthday party, those are always easy to find items for b-day supplies at walmart. Oh yeah if you get the cake at walmart, and you tell them it's your daughters first birthday they will give you a little cake for her to dig into, and with kylie that was a deffinate great sight a child covered in cake what could be better! Yeah you'll need a tarp to put under the highchair or wherever she is sitting better than scrubbing cake out of the carpet, or off the floor. I just think it would be soo cute to dress a little girl up as a princess, i have a boy obviously that's not going to work for me! good luck
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 2:50 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i am having a tea party for mine everyone must dress up and wear a hat. we are serving tea and orderves! fun for pictures!
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 3:04 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Keep it sweet and simple, she will not remember it. Do something just family oriented and do bigger parties when she is older. There are a tone of cute girl ideas I have but I would wait till she is older and can remember them all!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:53 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• For my dd's first b-day we had family and a few close friends at our house. I just did a pokadot theme with bright, fun colors. I ordered cupcakes with white frosting and the bakery put multi colored pokadots on each of them. For her they made a special mini cake that was tiered like a little wedding cake. It was adorable and I didn't have to spend too much money on decorations since it was more about colors than a specific theme.
    ajw1980

Answer by ajw1980 at 8:19 AM on Aug. 25, 2009