What do YOU think is better?

Silicone pacifiers or latex pacifiers and why??

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 2:55 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my kids never wanted to take a pacifier.. so i don't know
    Ashlee0323

Answer by Ashlee0323 at 2:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• The Soothie ones(sold in walmart and target) are good,forgot what they were made of...They are shaped like the nipple from the bottle
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 3:40 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Silicone pacifiers are harder than latex pacifiers.

I think the Soothies are the best, but in preference I like latex pacifiers because that is the only kind my son will take, if he even takes any.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 3:40 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think the shape of the nipple is more important than what it is made of - we use the Soothies.

Answer by missanc at 8:47 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Silicone. None of my sons would take the latex ones. *shrugs* No idea why. LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:11 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• shape was the factor for us, not the type.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:32 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My son only took the MAM. I have no idea what it was made of.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Before I even had my son I swayed more towards the silicone pacifier. I felt that it was a cleaner product and it seemed to have more build to it. I also greatly liked the fact that there wasn't any hard plastic on the pacifiers, they were all made out of flexible silicone. Which made me feel better. The hard plastic I feel will only cause irritation and pressure when they baby sucks on the pacifier. I leaned towards the "Soothies" which you can find at Meijer, Target, and I believe Walmart. There is also a different brand of silicone pacifiers that some hospitals use that I wanted to try. However, it turns out my son didn't take to the pacifier at all. Another benefit to the silicone pacifiers is they are shaped like the nipple. I believe that is a benefit.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2009