Baby shower?

When during pregnancy is the normal time to have a shower?

youngfirsttimer

Asked by youngfirsttimer at 3:05 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had mine last weekend!!! at 27 weeks! just about 7 months I did it a little early so I had time to get everything I needed that I dont have! Its better to have time to prepare because you really wont have time for that after the baby gets here. GL!!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 3:08 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I did my shower at like 7 and a half months, so much to return, so much to unpack and put away, wash, and organize you want to make sure you have plenty of time for that! I had a diaper baby shower where everyone brings a gift and a thing of diapers for the baby diffrent sizes of course but i had all the presents and the diapers to organize. and i had my child 2 weeks early so alot to do, keep that in mind.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 3:12 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I am having mine September 27th, I will be about 27-28 weeks along. Everyone says that is too early but DH and I are both in college and will get our pell grants right after that so we want to know what else we need to buy when we get that money. Cause we cant save money lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:16 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Thanks guys, I kept thinking six months for some reason but i see 7 months is the norm.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 3:26 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Some where in the last trimester
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 3:38 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I am having mine on Saturday & I will be exactly 31weeks. Enough time to get stuff together, exchange what's needed, & get the rest without being too rushed or having too much spare time.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 4:41 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Usually in your last trimester. For me it was less than one month before I had my son! We still got everything done in time! But keep in mind that you don't want to have a shower close to Christmas, since everyone is tight on money and usually needs to recover a bit from the holidays. I tried to avoid holidays and birthdays so that my guests did not feel overwhelmed. Not that I expected gifts but knew my guest would bring something anyway.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:50 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I had mine at 26 adn 28 weeks (had two for my first)...but that was because my cervical cancer had come back and there was a possibility I was going to have to have my baby at 34 weeks if my cancer was growing at a fast rate...luckily when we rechecked at 33 weeks it was fine and I had my son on his due date.
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 9:02 AM on Aug. 25, 2009