A Few Questions???

Im 24 weeks pregnant and i had and u/s at 20 and found out we are having a boi!!!YAY!!! my questions are when will i get another u/s??? when do they do the glucose test?what can i expect to happen at the doc from now on???

excitedmomma2be

Asked by excitedmomma2be at 3:11 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got a total of 6 ultrasounds, one at 5 weeks, one at 10, one at 15, one at 20, one at 25, and one at 30, and 35, it seems to be about every visit for the first half of it and then when you are going to the doctors every 2 weeks it is every other! It's all up to your doctor! The glucose test was given to me at 5 weeks with the first one and the doctors apt today they told me they won't test me until i'm about 17 weeks this time, because i just had my son 5 months ago and i'm 6 weeks pregnant again.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 3:30 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• u/s are up to the doctor so you would have to ask them because they only do so many insurance only covers so many...between 25-30wks..and they will just do the heart beat measure the belly make you pee in a cup and do blood work once in awhile
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I've never had more than one u/s per pregnancy unless we suspected something was wrong (like early bleeding, etc.) I don't really understand why some people have them so often when they aren't high risk. There's really no need for them and considering there have been no comprehensive studies on whether or not extended use of u/s has any effect on the baby, I would opt out anyway if given the chance.

At the three places I've seen doctors/midwives, I've had my u/s between 18-22 weeks, glucose test around 26-28, beta strep swab around 36 weeks, and everything else normal (pee in a cup, check blood pressure, externally measure tummy, listen to heartbeat).
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:04 AM on Aug. 25, 2009