back to sleep after kids are awake?

honestly.. ( since we can answer anon) how many of you go back to sleep once your kid(s) are awake or just lay back down?

my house is completely safe, although he does occasionaly get in the fridge...but i cant sleep at night and i work from 5-11 so i need some sleep somwhere. A lot of the times he goes back to sleep with me or watches cartoons in my bed..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• I do...if my DH is home and awake. And since I've been pregnant with our son, he lets me sleep REALLY late lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:21 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I do it when the hubby is around and when he isnt. I make sure there is nothing out that my lil girl)2 yr) can grab that can hurt her. Make sure shes fed and has a full sippy cup. My 6yr old and her just watch tv. Sometimes I nap on the couch or on my bed in my room w/the door open. Most of the time my son wakes up and me and my daughter stay asleep for an hour or two...
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 3:34 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My son's bedroom is completely safe and he has all his toys in there, so sometimes I just put up a baby gate in his doorway and lay down on the couch which isnt too far away from his room so I can hear him if something is wrong.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 6:57 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I do it all the time. I have insomnia so I don't get much sleep at night. If I'm tired during the day then I nap. I've been doing it since the kids were little. They know how to behave when I'm in the next room napping. They were 2, 3 and 4 and I had to nap because I was pregnant and couldn't stay awake the whole day no matter how much sleep I got at night.
    Now they are 9, almost 8, almost 7 and 3 and I nap when I want. I don't usually get much sleep because they make so much noise and always start fighting when I lie down. I even do it when just my 3yo is home. She knows to stay out of stuff, just watch TV and come get me if she needs anything.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:17 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• When my kids were little I didn't go back to sleep when they were awake - I just can't imagine. My older kids are 8, 9 and 11 and usually I will take a nap when my youngest child (9 months) naps, but when they were little I stayed at home so we could go to museums, the library, playgrounds, etc not sit home and watch tv.

Answer by missanc at 8:55 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• my dd is 7 and I sleep in on sat sometimes. She will watch tv and i never sleep very soundly, but I may stay in bed an hour longer than her.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:51 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I do. On Sunday morning. 7am he goes in the pack and play and watches blues clues for an hour.
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 10:09 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• nope.

sadly once I'm up I can't go back to sleep. *sigh*

I'm up and in my gym at 4:30 everymorning though
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:40 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• DH and I take turns sleeping in on the weekend. I have troubles sleeping for different reasons: a new born, a thunder storm, paranoid, older children waking in the night... so since I get up with all of these in the night, DH allows me to nap during the afternoon when he comes home. It's hard some days. I just don't feel that I should be sleeping when there should be an adult awake for the kids.
    Kenre

Answer by Kenre at 10:41 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I can't really get back to sleep once the sun is up. So once the kids are up, I am up too.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:49 AM on Aug. 25, 2009