Anyone do their own wedding invitations?

I have a scrapbooking program and I made my save the dates on them. I was looking at prices on invitations from different companies and I about went crazy!!
Has anyone made their own invitations? How did they turn out?

mommakelley21

Asked by mommakelley21 at 3:21 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I made mine, I got the "print your own", they have them at walmart, staples and a ton of other places. I paid $17 for 50 invites, envolopes, seals and ribbon to make them cute. They turned out really good, they looked professional. Also JoAnn fabrics has a ton of cute ones too
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I picked out colors, got some colored cardstock from a local staples (maybe it was officemax?), some floral scrapbooking stickers and a glue stick or two. I printed the info on one colored paper, glued it to another colored paper, put a flower sticker (matching colors) on the top, and sent them out. They were cheap, but they looked really nice. I was low budget, too..super low budget, so you could probably get nicer supplies from a Micheals or something and print off something a little fancier, but our invitations got nice reviews :D
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 4:12 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My husband made ours. He used some kind of program to do it....i have no idea what it was. But they looked nice!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 7:13 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My hubby and I ordered these and printed them on our compy. http://www.invitesite.com/weddings/products/Seedling-Wedding-Invitations-SEEDKIT.php#
    They turned out great, and my sister (a Stampin' Up representative) made us thank you notes that matched beautifully. The site is full of great ideas that you could easily recreate if you already have stamping & scrapbooking supplies.

Good luck!
    kestrelscall

Answer by kestrelscall at 11:00 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I have a great program called print master platnum 18 it has some really great stuff on it-you can use the ones from walmart that a pp posted about and these will look awsome-good luck!
    Cyndi310

Answer by Cyndi310 at 2:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My daughter is making hers. She took 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock (ocean blue color) and cut it in half. Then she set up the wording on her computer, took the flashdrive and vellum (with hearts) to a Kinkos/UPS store and had them run off the copies. She got 2 copies per page. We cut them in half lengthwise (and cut the bottoms off to fit the cardstock). She glued the vellum, by each corner, to the right side of the cardstock, leaving 1 1/2 inch of blue on the left. She then took see-through royal blue ribbon and placed that in themiddle of the remaining strip of cardstock and glued the ends to the back.

She is printing the reception cards on cardstock (from Staples I think) already made for this purpose. It has double hearts in the corner. I believe these are the ones that people will send back to us. The ones that people keep will be made from more blue cardstock. (see more in the following answer...)
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 6:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• She bought most of the cardstock and both sets of blue envelopes (different blue for each size) at Hollos. (http://www.geocities.com/hollospapercraft/) They were very inexpensive.

The cardstock with the hearts was on clearance, and the most expensive part was the vellum which was purchased at Archivers. They were the only store in the area who carries that particular pattern.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 6:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I bought pretty stationary from a party store, printed them out on them and then used a stamp to stamp some hearts and things on them. They turned out great and didn't cost much at all.
    maryw24

Answer by maryw24 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I bought blank pre-folded cards and envelopes from Michaels along with cut cardstock for the RSVP cards. I also bought some ink to match the colors of the wedding and rubber stamps that were butterflies (the theme) I stamped them myself and printed them on our computer. They looked great and everyone commented on them, you could hardly tell they weren't "printed" -- and much cheaper!
    MamaChanny

Answer by MamaChanny at 3:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Got the cards from Walmart, turned out lovely. I wanted them simple and it was cheap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Aug. 27, 2009