another man being dad but not biological?

do you think its alright if another man takes on the role of being a dad if;
the real father is not around, the little boy calls him by daddy and his name, the little boy loves him to pieces and misses him when hes not around, if you plan on staying with this person, if the man does everything a real dad would do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Any guy can be a sperm donor, but it takes a real man to be called daddy!!!
    jenzachsam

Answer by jenzachsam at 3:26 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• jenzachsam said it perfectly!!! My son's biological father isn't around all that much, but he does call and check on him, and talks to him. He has alot of "personal demons" so to speak; and he chose them over our son. I'm now pregnant and planning on getting married in Oct. My son calls my SO daddy. I still sometimes refer to him by name, but to my son that's his daddy. At first I wasn't really keen on this, but my SO is the best dad my son has ever known.

If this man is a father figure to this little boy (and is comfortable with) then i don't see the problem with him calling him dad. Every little boy deserves a daddy whether it's biological or not
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 8:13 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with it. Kids should not be deprived of a father just b/c the sperm donor doesn't want to step up. If another man is willing to step up, and you are fine with it, and the kid is fine with it, I think that's a wonderful thing. My ex hasn't seen my kids in over 4 yrs, almost 5. My boyfriend has flat out told me he wants to be my kids dad, he is willing to fight my ex every step of the way to get my ex's rights terminated so he (my boyfriend) can adopt my kids after we get married. He loves them just as much as I do, and I won't deprive my children just b/c their bio father wants to be an ass.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:19 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Unless he's the adoptive father it's wrong, the child still has a father even if he is not involved in his life. If his BIO dad is so bad and this other man so good, why not have this man adopt the boy? Ask the father "Since you are not involved and he is will you sign so he can adopt?" Do the right thing, don't confuse the poor child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• to anon 1250, do you think a 2 year old knows he has a dad thats his bio dad that doesnt see him? i dont think so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Aug. 26, 2009