advice on how to baptize son

my son is turning 13 and i want to get him baptized any suggestions comments or advice please

joyfuljazz

Asked by joyfuljazz at 3:45 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I was baptized when I was baby then again when I was around 13 in a different church(my dad forced me the 2nd time) I hated that my dad made me do it even though I didn't want to. Im just telling you this because your son is 13....is this something that he wants to do as well? As far as suggestions....what is your religion? What does your church normally do?
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 6:45 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I would go and talk to the pastor at the church you want it done at
    Some churches will do it privately some will only do it during church services
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 10:11 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think it should be his decision and talk to the pastor about how they do it. IMO Baptism is an outward sign of an internal change. If he has decided he wants to commit his life to being a Christian then he can follow it with a public sign of the change. Our Church will baptize in the church publicly or privately, in a pool or a lake. They will let anyone do the baptizing (not just preacher) but I could baptize my dd or my best friend if they ask me. The important thing is thay your child is aware of the choice they are making because it is a commitment for them, not for you.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:20 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• The Baptist church here does an annual thing where the people who wish to accept Baptism all get together at this one families house on the nearby lake. Those wishing to do so get Baptized in the lake. After word there is a big picnic.
    all you have to do is call the church of your choise and ask to talk to the lead pastor and ask him to get the ball rolling.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2009