Regular contractions... but not painful??

I am 39wks, 5days and I was awoken at 250am by really bad lower back pain- then I noticed that I was having a contraction.
I took Castor oil at 930p, had a BM at 1130p, and 130a... now it is 315 in the morning and so far my contractions have been coming at:
252
303
308
312
317

And counting...
I know these are not braxton hicks! I have had braxton hicks for months... these feel different! I have a little bit of cramping and pain during a contraction... but nothing real painful!!

Could it be possible that I am starting to go into labor even without having pain? Is it ok to go back to bed if I am able to or should I stay up and time contractions??

shannonwooten

Asked by shannonwooten at 4:23 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your prob going to have a baby and yes you can go back to bed. you'll need your strength for delivery, and you won't sleep through that trust me.
    JenniP0708270

Answer by JenniP0708270 at 5:05 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• If your not in pain i would deffinately be snoozing away, the only time to go to the hospital is when your contractions are 5 minutes apart, then it's go time, but that all depends on how far away from the hospital you actually are. If your not in pain and believe me you will be later, then go to sleep, if your water breaks it's go time go to the hospital. Other than that take a nap, have a snack relax.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 5:37 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• okay i miscalculated, your contractions are 5 min apart you might want to call the doctor and ask what he thinks at this point.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 5:38 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i hope you keep us updated! :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 7:53 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My contractions were consistantly 12min. apart for 2hrs. If i would have waitited until they were 5min apart, i would have had my baby home. I went to the hosp and had my baby 2hrs. later. I didn't get 5min. apart until i was 9cm. But i guess that is not they way it typically goes. It did for me with 2 out of my 3 though!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Because your contractions are so close together, I would call your doctor and see if he/she wants you to go to L&D. With my first child my contractions were 3-6 minutes apart but they weren't painful at all. My doctor advised me to come in and I was already 8cm dialated. It's better to be safe then sorry.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 11:08 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Consider yourself lucky that your labor started off painless. =) Let us know how everything went!!
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 4:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2009