my daughter is 22 mold and she really doesnt talk she talked more when she was younger than she does now?any surrgestions or ideas anything too help her learn 2 talk?

my daughter is 22 months old and she isnt talking yet she did more when she was 18 m and younger than she does now she has had speech evaluation 2 18 and a hearing test done last month whe she was 21 months old I just want her 2 talk!please help me teach her or something that will help her talk again!

mybabygirl2007

Asked by mybabygirl2007 at 4:33 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Im surprised my son learned as much as he has. He just turned two and is talking full sentences, knows his favorite characters, can count to 10 in english and spanish...what i did was bought him these elmo learning videos and he copied everything he heard. I count with him everyday and did my own index cards with abc's and pictures on the backs. He loves them especially the pictures. The thing is that they have a very short attention span. I would feed my son breakfast let him watch his favorite cartoon and then give him a snack..turn off his tv and go over something everyday even if its for only a few minutes. That way he does not get stressed out and will come to me when he wants to learn something which he does everyday. I also bought him numbers for the bath tub as well..so he loves sticking them on the wall and learning what they are. Every child is diffrent though. Im sure yours will be talking in no time GL hun
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 4:40 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• my son is 5 months, and my friends son is about 2 1/2 he talks up a storm, I bought the your baby can read system my son babbles along with it, however michael my friends son has been on it for quite a while and he loves to watch it and it has broaded his vocabulary. I know it's expensive, however e-bay is much cheaper i got one for 100.00 compared to the website that it costs 200.00. also there are alot of leap frog books, and dvds that might help her out as well, my friend just gave me some for my sons following months. If you need any help for looking for stuff on e-bay or help setting up anything if you are looking let me know and i will be sure to help you out they have lots of childrens educational tools on there as well.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 5:18 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Were the speech evaluations in the typical range? You said she had them but didn't say what the results were. Anytime a child "loses" language they should have a developmental evaluation - if she doesn't start talking again soon, I would ask her pediatrician for a referral.

Answer by missanc at 9:13 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My Baby Can Read is a waste of time and money. Everything they "learn" with that they will have to unlearn later, you're doing your child no favors there.

OP....what were the results of the evaluation? You say she "really doesn't talk"...so she does talk some? If she's had regression, you should seek a developmental pediatrician.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Don't be alarmed! Toddlers are growing and learning so fast that often times, previously learned skills regress or "disappear" for a bit while they are working on other skills. Sometimes my DD who is 22 months starts crawling, or wanting her bottle (I don't let her have it btw).
    We just got back from a week of family time w/her 2yr old cousin. She started talking up a storm, using words she'd never said before, calling her cousin and herself by their proper names etc. I was thrilled.The interaction certainly jump started her verbal and social skills!
    But then we got home, and POOF she was so exhausted she pulled out baby toys she hadn't played with in months and started calling me MaMa again, not mommy. You should be ok. Look up regression and toddler development, if you're still worried!
    Ems629

Answer by Ems629 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• my youngest wouldn't talk either.

she'd grunt and gesture.

but as soon as she hit just past 2 she started chattering up a storm.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:41 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• now I am worried bc she obvisiouly must have regressed.I have talked 2 her dr about this she tells me 2 wait until her 2 year check up and we can talk about everything that is going on w Leila!I am the one who has pushed 4 her to have the speech evaluation @ 18m the results of that were she was abel 2 speak 10 words which she said 10 different wrds in front of the dr and she was very curious and wanted 2 know and examine everything inthe room and so on the dr told me not 2 be concern that she didnt have signs of having autism!she said she was a lil behind maybe bout 3 month or so!they all tell me the same thing give her time not every child is the same,they all learn differently but when u read and know that a 22 m old should be talking and at least 50 words that when I start freaking out!the hearing test was 3 pts they said it all came back normal range!Leila has had 9 ear infections in 10m they think that afects her speech!
    mybabygirl2007

Answer by mybabygirl2007 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Request an assessment through Inland regional Center ASAP. Is she delayed in any areas? How is her eye Contact, diet, etc?
    deputywife

Answer by deputywife at 6:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2009