Would you consider me anorexic?

I have become very obsessed over the foods that I allow myself to eat. I will only eat a select few of fruits and vegetables such as apples, oranges, celery, carrots, broccoli and a few others. It all started as a way to get healthier and to lose a little bit of weight. but now I cant eat normal foods with out feeling guilty, fat and bloated. I recently stumbled across and anorexic website with things they call "safe foods" and now it has me wondering about me own situation. Could I be anorexic and not even know it? What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Health

• Focusing on your food to the point you are feeling guilty, I would say you are on the road. Stop talk to your doctor and a nutritionist and get on a safe meal and workout plan. Then you will lose the weight and be healthy.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:48 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Well, you might not be a full blown case, but with obsessive thoughts like that you are certainly headed down the wrong road. I think you should seek help now before it gets out of control. Constant guilt about eating is a true sign of an eating disorder.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:18 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I agree with both previous replies you are on the way to a eating disorder.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 12:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• You are definitely on the road to an eating disorder. See your doctor, talk with him/her about how you feel, and look up information on orthorexia and anorexia. It sounds more like orthorexia at the moment, which is a "gateway" eating disorder. It is characterized by a gradual obsession with eating more and more specific foods to lose weight or be healthier that leads into both anorexia and bulimia. Please seek help now, before it gets bad. Good luck, and you are not fat, ugly or anything else just because you don't look like a skeleton with skin and boobs;)
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 7:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2009