Does anyone else have ANNOYING neighbours?

I have these neighbours who just moved in. They are so loud and annoying. They have three kids who never STOP. They disipline there children by yelling at the top of there voices every morning, noon and night. They play there tele so loud that i can actually sing along to the michael jackson dvd they play ALL THE TIME!

But, i can't complain cos they DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH. They are eastern european.

Anyone else dealing with this?

GrungeMum

Asked by GrungeMum at 6:55 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• THEY ARE PLAYING EARTH SONG RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
    GrungeMum

Answer by GrungeMum at 6:59 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My next-door neighbor on one side manages to use loud lawn-care equipment/home repair tools for 10 hours a day, every weekend day. Lawn tractor, leaf blower, chipper. And while that's going on, they have visitors who just pull into the driveway and honk until someone comes out. AAAARGH!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:03 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• At 6:00 in the morning?! I personally would call the cops and complain about it! I do have a simalar problem, but seeing as I work nights and sleep all day I don't feel I have a right to complain about their kids running around outside being loud. But other than that they are good neighbors and we get along great with them. But just beacuse they dont speak english and you cant go talk to them about it doesnt mean you have to put up with it! If you do involve the police, you should probably give them a heads up that they don't speak english.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 7:04 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Call your local police precinct (not 911) if you feel they are bothering you. You might say that you are calling about a disturbance. Good Luck!
    bringin

Answer by bringin at 7:15 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I've got neighbors that play Tejana music ALL NIGHT LONG and ALL WEEKEND LONG. They drive up and down the street, I think trying to annoy everyone and no matter how often the cops go over there, nothing seems to change. Oh, except they had to chain up their pit bulls that were terrorizing the neighborhood.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:16 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Naaaahhhhhh, my neighbors are cool. The ones I had back home were deaf and we experienced that however these are cool and I honestly believe I am louder and worse than them, lol. My kid toooooo all she does is scream at the top of her lungs and just scare the daylights out of everyone,
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 7:42 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

If it wasn't for the people pulling up and honking part I would think that I was your neighbor. (My SO is always doing something loud in the yard)
    Anyways though...My neighbor likes to knock on my door at night in his boxers with spaghetti sauce on his face to tell us that people are breaking into cars or whatevers going on that week.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 7:47 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Annoying neighbors? You mean like the one across the hall from us who yells at us for standing in the parking lot near her car too long? Who also lets her kids (she has only on the weekends) stay up until 10pm playing outside in our yard? Or the guy above her who takes the stairs like an elephant, who we think sells drugs (but with no "evidence" the cops won't even investigate) and drops lit cigarettes off his balcony onto anyone who happens to be outside at that time, and who has no common courtesy, lets his mail pile up on our doorstep, and parks across the three spaces in front so no one can hurt his old clunker? Yeah, we've got annoying neighbors!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Woah, sorry anon. You make my neighbours look great.
    GrungeMum

Answer by GrungeMum at 8:09 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Regulations:
    The following act is declared to be loud.

"Radios, television sets, musical instruments and similar devices. Operating, playing or permitting the operation or playing of any radio, television, phonograph, drum, musical instrument, sound amplifier, or similar device which produces, reproduces, or amplifies sound. The using, operating or permitting to be played, used or operated between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. in such a manner as to create a noise disturbance across a real property boundary."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Aug. 25, 2009