How many credit cards do you have and how many you are not using?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think it's funny people are excited to have zero cards and zero debt. I have my 3 cards (anon :53 here) but always pay off the balance each month. It's just an easy way to avoid having to keep cash on me and it builds my credit. I understand if you can't use it responibly, then don't get one. But no reason not to have one in case you need it and to help build your credit some. I know it's not a big help for credit unless you just pay the min and pay some interest, but it does help even if you pay it all off on time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Three or four general cards, and then there are a bunch of ones from stores. I haven't used a store card in ages, and I really only use one of the general cards.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I HAVE ABOUT 10 OR 12, I ONLY USE ONE OR TWO IN EMERGENCIES.

Answer by older at 8:02 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• None now. We declared bankruptcy and haven't touched our cards since 2007. It's the first time I haven't lived off of credit...it's weird, though, to not have them for emergencies especially when we don't have the income to put anything into savings. We're one disaster away from losing everything.

Before that I, personally, had 1 card for each of the major companies that I used regularly plus an extra Visa for emergencies and a couple department store cards that I never used. No clue what my husband had because he got them while we were separated for 6 weeks...long story.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:15 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• 1 general card that I use all the time and 5 store cards that I use occasionally.
    wikem81

Answer by wikem81 at 8:36 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• None!!!!!!!!!! We paid off all of our credit card debt last July. And it felt amazing!!!!!! We have a emergency fund that we never touch. And we use other things to keep our credit score high like our car payment and such. We actually try not to use our debit cards as well. When your using CASH MONEY you are less likely to by frivlous things. We give ourselves a 40 dollar a week allowance and thats it. And that is for if we want to go grab lunch with friends, I want to get my nails done, my hubby wants to grab a drink with the guys after work etc. My advice is get rid of them. Start a budget and watch Dave Ramsey.... That man is amazing!!!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 8:41 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• We have no credit cards so no credit card debt!

Answer by missanc at 8:52 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• NONE, zero, zilch, nada.....and no debt either. Thats true freedom.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:55 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Yes.....daves way is the way to go!!
    momofsaee

• I have 1 store card, and that is all.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:15 AM on Aug. 25, 2009