How can I get the respect from the outer world?

I am a working girl and of course belong to a middle family.Most of the people in my area are businessman and very rich.They know that i am a middle class woman.whenever i go out then people look at me as if i have done something wrong.They dont talk to me.I really feel bad.They ignore me.So every time i go to attend any party or reception i feel very lonely.Every time i think that i should not go to attend the weddings n parties.so what should i do?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that your basic problem is that you somehow feel inferior to others. When we don't hold ourselves in high regard, we really do send out negative vibes to others that will actually push them away from us rather than attracting them to us. The next time you are invited somewhere, don't even think about who else is going to be there, what they will be wearing or what their status is. Dress yourself in something that you feel especially pretty in. Make yourself as attractive as you have the means. Walk into that event with the knowledge that you are special, you are attractive, and you have come to have a good time. Don't wait for others to speak to you. Walk around the room, speaking to others. If someone chooses to engage in conversation, stay and chat. If not, keep moving around the room. When you have spoken to everyone you know, look for a seat in an area where you will be comfortable, and people watch.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:05 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Personally I would do nothing.  If they want to look down their noses at you because you aren't in their stratosphere then that is their problem not yours.  Carry on with your life and ignore them, they aren't worth your time and effort.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:50 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Maybe it's the other way around...you feel inferior to them so you do not try to make contact...just because you make less money or don't have the luxuries that they do, doesn't make you less of a person...you have the same goals in life as them...to succeed. Instead of being a wallflower, strike up a conversation...keep it to things that you are passionate about and that will speak louder than any money or education that they may have.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:13 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Holds your head up, smile and carry along with what it is your doing, don't focus on the A-holes around you, and I agree with jademom, just be yourself, talk mingle, let them know the real you, and see what you are all about. They may think they run the town but they aren't the only one's living and a part of it, everyone unifies the community!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 8:42 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I couldn't care less what others think of me. I make myself feel good about me so they can't take that away from me. Act like you own the world. People respond to your body language not your social status.Show confidence even if you don't feel it. Smile, that will throw them off!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:31 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Go other places where peoiple won't judge you. Or stop trying to impress people that don't know you. Are you disappointed in your "financial status"? Your own life and family are more important.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 9:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Sounds like you need some self-confidence. If you dont put out there that you are open and comfortable to being talked to, you won't get talked to.. at parties and such. Maybe you need to think the way you are putting yourself out there, because obviously social class means something to you. You would be suprised how much what you think or know about the "upper" class is incorrect. You think they care about what class you are in, but they don't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2009