faith

lost my faith dont know if i believe anymore....really dont know what to do.feel as if i am living the life of JOB....any ideas or suggestions???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS COUNT THOSE BLESSINGS!

Answer by older at 8:18 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I would forgive yourself first and stop fretting about it. When you allow yourself to feel the way you feel the healing can begin. Take long walks and reconnect with the spirit, allow it to find you in the little ways and soon, when you are ready, it will find you in the larger ways too!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 8:29 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Get out your Bible and read and read and read some more. Also, if you know someone who is well grounded in the faith, spend some time with that person, sharing your innermost struggles. God did not create us to live our lives in isolation from other believers. In fact, that's a very dangerous place for one to be. As you read your Bible, ask God to reveal Himself to you and I promise you that He will. He wants you to know Him, He wants to bless you. He has a perfect plan for your life, and He wants you to find it and to live in it. Everyone struggles with doubt from time to time, so there is no need for you to feel like you are the only one to whom this has ever happened. All you need do is reach out to God and to other believers. Not only can you have your faith back, you can have more faith and a better relationship with God than you've ever had before.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:36 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Why see it as something negative? Perhaps you have simply evolved and no longer need the idea of God and religion. I know plenty of people will come here and post comments about Satan leading you astray or God testing you, but maybe... just maybe that's not true.

All I can say is look deep within yourself and follow your heart.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:53 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I'm sorry you're going through a rough spot :-( But do not lose hope or faith. Pray fervently, follow the Holy Spirit's urgings and seek his face. If you need to talk to someone, you can PM me or I'm sure most anyone that frequents this forum would be willing to lend a sympathetic ear. I'll say a prayer for you. Peace.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:56 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I have learned through the years that sometimes we don't feel God in our lives. It's not that He's not there, it's just that He's not revealing Himself at that moment. It's up to you to decide what that means for you. My suggestion is to pray on it a little bit, and if that doesn't fulfill you, then perhaps do a little research on other options. What's important is that your faith is leaving you feeling fulfilled and if you're not . . . well, then, there's something wrong. Like I said, pray on it - and talk to others - I've found that this helps as well.

When I feel like this I surround myself with Christ - music, bible, books . . . It works for me. It might not work for you, but it's worth a try.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Don't give up now... That is what the devil wants is for us to just give up on God.. If i was you i would be praying and surrounding yourself with God and the word of God read your bible daily.. Pray and ask God to help you.. We are in the flesh and we do fall short but God is there to pick us back up.... Dont leave him now..

King James Version (KJV)
    Public Domain
    Proverbs 3:5-6

5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

IF you need anyone to talk to im here just send me a message.. JESUS LOVES YOU
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2009