Suggestions for a family all inclusive resort???

My hubby & I are planning a trip to the carribean next spring & would like to go to an all inclusive resort that is kid friendly. We have 2 daughters...they will be 10 & 4 @ the time of travel. We are hoping to get adjoining rooms also.

I have searched on-line but it is just overwhelming! Any info good or bad would be appreciated. Thank you ladies.
:)

Fran72

Asked by Fran72 at 8:42 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Travel

• If you are getting overwhelmed I suggest seeing a travel agent. If you have AAA go there or any local agent. I have never been there so I'm no help.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My personal preference is Riviera Maya area of Mexico. I know you said Carribean but thought I would throw another idea out there. Iberostar has some incredible all inclusive resorts on Playacar beach. We have been to both the family and adults only they were both terrific....well..the Playa Paraiso Grand (all adults) was magnificient. Iberostar Paraiso Maya is a top choice for families. See a travel agent for the best deals. Online is too overwhelming. Like I said we always save hundreds of dollars by going through and agent. We don't pay ours a dime..they are compensated by the resorts and such.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:22 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Beaches advertises to have a resort with the sesame street gang on site. Enjoy, I am so jelous.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I would use a travel agent.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 10:13 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I am not a fan of all inclusives. I like to explore the island. This is a great hotel in the Bahamas, a short walk to the beach, great restaurants and the public bus.

http://www.pelicanbayhotel.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 1:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Well I don't know too much about all inclusives but what is your budget? There are Club Meds that take kids but also Beaches (I'd do Turks and Caicos over Jamaica) and Almond Beach Resorts in St. Lucia and Barbados. I used to be a travel agent. What do you like to do? Turks and Caicos is amazing for water/watersports. St. Lucia is mountainous and lush and pretty. Barbados is flat and sophisticated with good snorkeling. I would also suggest if for families, Our Lucaya in Grand Bahama only because it's great for pools and kids. Not fantastic for water but okay. It would be affordable. If there's no limit on money, I'd look at the Cayman islands, so amazing or Grenada. Also, go to www.fodors.com where you can post your questions to a lot of seasoned people who can really help you narrow your choice.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I have heard Beaches or Sandals are great at catering to families and are all-inclusive. I believe they have one or the other or both in the Bahamas. I used to be a travel agent and have heard great things about these 2 places, but i did mostly corporate travel. Check out the websites on line.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Aug. 26, 2009