Jesus image on a nickel? How about Cheesus: the Cheeto shaped like Jesus?

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/jesus_image_on_a_nickel

There are some strange things out there with religious images on them like the Jesus Cheeto (named Cheesus) and the Mary Grilled Cheese that sold on Ebay for 28,000 dollars. There is a Jesus potato chip, fish stick, tortilla and even Mother Theresa on a cinnamon bun! Do you think people go overboard and really see these images on snack foods as real signs from God? What is it telling them? To avoid the salty goodness or Trans fats?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 8:49 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think that it is the same phenomonon that exists with some paranormal sightings, in photos,
    Your brain sees an image it can't recognize so it tries to create something familiar.

Its called matrixing, and I think most of these phenomonons can be attributed to the same thing.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 4:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• This isn't a snack food, but on the topic-My favorite is the Jesus image on the dog's butt:
    http://thehindsightfactor.com/jesus_image_found_in_dog_butt

Some people probably do take these images to mean something or as a message from God. To me it's a testimony as to how far gone some people really are in the "name" of God or some religion. It's scary, really.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 9:08 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i think to some its a joke, even some xtians like myself, but to others, i feel its more of a desperate grasping for hope, miracles, signs..idk what to think really..for me, i don't need a sign to know JC is present.
    i did run across cheesus a while back..my husband thought it looked more like carmen miranda. go figure...just goes to show that people see either what they want to see, or nothing at all. i don't think it has anything to do with faith. just human nature to want visible proof that something is real. jmo
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:19 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• This is the funniest Jesus sighting I have seen.
    Photobucket
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:40 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• How do you get the pictures to show up like that?

As vulgar as that is, I can totally see some desperate people congregating on those people's lawn in order to get a glimpse of the ' dog- butt Jesus' doing his morning business.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:47 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Don't forget about the Virgin Mary pretzel that sold for over $10,000 on eBay.

MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 11:00 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• IhartU- just go to full editor and copy and paste.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 11:01 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• That pretzel looks more like one of those music symbols(i'm not a musician, but you know that squirrely lookin thing at the beginning of music chords/lines) than Mary. I guess we can compare this to the inkblot test I suppose you see what your mind tells you and not what is necessarily there(or is it??) maybe??
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I saw an article where Mary was supposedly on a tree. Given enough imagination a person can anything, whether it's a tree, tortilla, pretzel or a cloud. Don't understand why people line up to see this sort of thing.
    JewelzMeow

Answer by JewelzMeow at 12:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2009