Baby Shower Invitation Help?!

I am making out invitations for my baby shower. We are registered, but don't need much because we have already bought alot of the things we need. All that is left is baby clothes and diapers.

I never have done a baby shower before, so I need to know -- Is it okay to include where you are registered in your invitations? And if so, how should it be worded?

Thanks!

MamaChanny

Asked by MamaChanny at 8:57 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it's OK. The place where you registered should have given you cards to insert in your invitations. If not I guess hand writing it in is good. Just mail them out at least 3-4 weeks in advance.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Oh and just say Registered at Babies R Us or wherever you are.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Yes it is just fine...just add a note on the bottom that you are registered at these locations...I also put on mine what we still needed and asked that everyone bring a package of diapers to be entered into a drawing...the prize was a gift card to the local restaurant for $30
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:00 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Oh please don't ask for certain gifts, that's just tacky.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• http://www.babycenter.com/0_baby-shower-planning-and-etiquette_1642.bc

This site has a lot of etiquette guidelines, including that it is fine to mention registry.

Answer by Bmat at 9:05 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• "Oh please don't ask for certain gifts, that's just tacky."

Not necessarily to someone who either doesn't have kids or is of a much older generation and has no clue what to buy anymore or what you do not have. Sometimes it is a help and it cuts down on getting wrong sizes and season of clothing.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:07 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Thank you :)
    MamaChanny

Answer by MamaChanny at 9:09 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Welcome. for every b-day and christmas, I give each of the g-parents a list of things to buy from that way DD gets what she wants and I don't have to return duplicates.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:10 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• What's tacky is throwing in your two cents when you don't have anything of value to answer with. I would much rather someone tell me what they want so I can make them happy with their gift. Isn't that what gift giving is all about, making someone happy? She's my BFF and I'll get her whatever she asks for so stick it!

sticking out tongue

evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 9:30 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I would like to know what you want or need too. Buying stuff without telling you what it could be might be a mistake like what the other ladies said, you dont want to have to take duplicates back :)
    angelz4u39

Answer by angelz4u39 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2009