checklist for hospital bag and diaper bag

I am packing my bags soon, and was wondering if there is a checklist anywhere that i can use to remember things I need...Also, I am Formula feeding, so I am going to bring a small can just in case we need it, and was wanting suggestions on a good kind to try out first on the baby. i know my essentials, toothbrush, toothpaste, panties, cumfy clothes, slippers, but what is something i ay need and not think about?! This is my first time =D

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My doctor gave me a book with my first pregnancy and it had a checklist section, and it's packed up I wish I could remeber the name of that book. Look on the internet, maybe go to the library. And CVS has the doctor Spock books they are great check them out!
    The hospitals here supply the formula while in the hospital, Enfamil or Similac, I started with Similac and found it's more expensive and not neccesarily better, I love the enfamil. Baby take home outfit, and one for the pictures, blankets, pillows, heating pad!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:35 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• dont bother with the formula...the hospital will give you some...and trust me...if you can save on using your own formula its a good thing! also bring something for you to do like a crossword puzzle book...it can get boring at times!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Less is more!!! I found that I really didnt need more than the bare essentials. The hospital has most things. Dont overpack, you'll just have to lug it all home. Bring some gum!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 9:41 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I JUST HAD MY TWINS ON AUG 7TH. ALL I NEEDED WAS PEROSONAL HYGENIE STUFF. AND THE STUFF I WAS GOING TO BRING THE BABY HOME IN AND A DIAPER BAG. THE HOSPITAL WILL GIVE YOU EVERYTHING THAT YOU NEED FOR THE BABIES AND SEND YOU HOME WITH EVERYTHING THAT YOU NEED FOR A FEW DAYS. I WOULDNT BUY ANY FORMULA UNTIL YOU FIND OUT WHAT THEY WILL TAKE. MY TWINS STARTED OFF ON SIMILAC ADVANCED AND HAD TO CHANGE TO THE SIMILAC ISOMIL ADVANCED. SO GOOD THING WE DIDNT BUY A BUNCH OF FORMULA THAT WE COULD NOT USE. I DIDNT BRING A PUZZLE BOOK OR ANYTHING I WAS FEEDING BABY OR HOLDING HER AND WHEN I WASNT DOING THAT I WAS ASLEEP. THE FIRST FEW DAYS YOU ARE GOING TO BE SUPER TIERD TRYING TO GET ADJUSTED TO THE EVERY 2 HR FEEDINGS THE FIRST FEW DAYS. GOOD LUCK.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 11:28 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My hospital supplied practically everything. Including toothbrush, toothpaste soap and deodorant. I didn't even open my toiletry bag while there. Why are you formula feeding? My hospital was very against it. Breast feeding was sort of forced on me. I planned to do it anyway, but I had asked if they could take the baby for the night and feed her so I could sleep and they told me they could keep her until she cried, but they weren't allowed to give her a bottle. I had to nurse her. It worked out for us in the end, we were good at nursing. You might want to nurse a little in the beginning, it's very painful when your milk comes in. It has to come out or you will get very engorged.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:35 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• my hospital supplied everything, even a diaper bag full of diapers wipes and formula. they even had an outfit for the baby to wear.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Don't forget the car seat...can't take the baby home without it!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• you will get a lot of what you need during hospital stay i am told by my sis... but you could bring a change of clothes or 2 for baby, a miracle blanket, i got mine from Babys 1st.. came vry fast. my nephew had it and it was a lifesaver for my sis. carseat hooked in and ready... a few  pads, for you i myself will pack a robe and slippers.. i have to have a csect. i have my belly bandit ready for that... it wraps around you to help your muscles,.... u can use it after vaginal birth too.. my sis lovedhers... so far thats what i know could help you... my sister put sophie the giraffe in my nephews incubator at the hospital...lol mom to be

mombabydad

Answer by mombabydad at 10:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2010