HELP!!! Need information

to help make an informative decision i would like to ask all you ladies if you have a front end loading washing and drying machine. My top loader seems to be coming to its last cycle and I would like a front loader but I have heard of some getting a mold smell and having to use special detergent that costs more....Is this information correct? What brand do you have and what are your thoughts on them...costly but worth it...or not?n IF you don't have one or don't answer please bump!

unknownjourney

Asked by unknownjourney at 10:08 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• i dont have one personally, but my parents have one and they havent had a problem with theirs, is still fairly new probably about 6 months old now. but they havent had any problems they love it. except the having to bed over part
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i meant bend over, and it hurts the back my dad does hard physical labor all day and his back hurts so .....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• We have the Maytag Neptune set. It's really nice, washes very well and I love it. It does take HE detergent, but those are very common now. I buy the Kirkland Signature (Costco) brand that's like Tide and it works great. However, my washer does mold around the door. I haven't noticed a scent, but it needs to be cleaned with bleach a few times a year.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 10:34 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I don't have one, but I have heard that you need to keep the doors open in between uses to avoid the mildew smell.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:03 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I have a Maytag Neptune set that is 7 years old. We use regular liquid detergents, bleach and softener, just less of it--because front loaders are higher efficiency. I have never had mold problems or mechanical problems--and we use it CONSTANTLY! My BOYS are 5 and 7 now, plus my hubby who gets quite dirty! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2009