Do you get in trouble if you decide not to buy what you bidded on at e bay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• The seller will leave you negative feedback, which will warn other sellers that you are an unreliable buyer. It's very irritating as a seller when people do this, because the seller incurs fees for the sale that didn't happen. It's a process to prove the buyer flaked out and to get those refunded. If you do it more than a few times, I think Ebay will suspend your account. Basically, don't bid unless you're really going to buy!!
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 10:31 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Yes you can. why did you bid if you didn't intend on buying it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• You get like points or whatever against your name. I had to do that once, i bidded on shoes for my BF and the guy said they were real,and they werent so i dropped out. He said since i did i would have points or something nxt to my name
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 10:20 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I did that once with a metro pcs cell phone. And the only reason I DIDN'T get it was because the day I was going to send the money, I was talking to one of my managers at work and he was like "I wish you would have said something to me!! I have a phone I sell you for $10 (I was going to spend $50 on ebay)". I'm not 100% sure what even happened to my account...I haven't gone back on since because I felt so bad!
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 11:03 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I tried eBay once... I got all confused and ended up bidding on two different things but then did not end up buying them.. Don't know what happened but I never got charged. (And obviously did not get them)....
    KatieP.

Answer by KatieP. at 11:28 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I have actually done that a few times and had someone do that to me as well. If you have good communication with your Seller/Buyer, it's not usually a problem for me. I just chalk it up to a spur of the moment decision. Just write your Seller and explain that something came up. I never look at it negatively, but it all depends on what they think. Be Honest!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:33 AM on Aug. 25, 2009