Words to make some of you think...

'You can't keep your true self hidden forever; before long you'll be exposed. You can't hide behind a religious mask forever; sooner or later the mask will slip and your true face will be known'

For those of you who aren't aware, this is a Bible verse... I came acrossed it a few weeks ago and am totally loving it. If you don't believe that's fine with me, but let's not say anything smart. This isn't about arguing, it's about being yourself, so let's keep it at that...

The actual verse (from a King James) is.....
For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known Luke 12:2

By the way, it is talking about hypocrisy (sp?)

momma_marian

Asked by momma_marian at 10:29 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not a believer but this verse speaks about human nature which makes it very accurate, if that is the correct context.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:38 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• What you do in the dark will be exposed in the light at some point! Yes hypocrisy, and it's talking about commiting sins, and how nothing good comes of it, the truth will come out and hopefully set you free. My opinion _ For the record
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think that is is accurate.
    Even in the law of threefold, with my beliefs, I know others that think, hey I got away with this.....only to have it come back on them at a later time.

You may outrun karma for a time, but its gonna catch you, and its going to suck when it does.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 4:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I agree with all these ladies, and this qute does seem to hold true...not only in religion, but with all of life. Your true self will be shown at some time.
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 5:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2009