What is good music to play at a 2 year old's birthday party?

I want a lively and fun atmosphere for my two year old's birthday party, but I don't want all the adults leaving with headaches! What kind of music would be fun for a two year old's birthday party, and also wouldn't drive the adults crazy? Are there any muscial styles or specific CDs you can recommend?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Anything really that the parents would like. Kids LOVE music of all types, so at age two I think it is fine to play something that the parents like, the kids don't really have a preference at that age.
    I do think that kids would like anything funky like disco.
    Also if you are going for "kid" music... Veggie Tales Silly songs are hilarious and parents love them too.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:51 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I never worried about that, was usually too loud for music anyways. And when Music was played it was what my hub and I listen to and that's Rock
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:49 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Have you heard of Laurie Berkner? I love her music. She was my daughter's favorite at that age. You can listen to her on noggin.com. Go to http://www.noggin.com/shows/movemusic.php You might have to click around until you find her.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:56 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• See kid music seriously gave me migraines and made me want to vomitt. Kids like upbeat music, music they can move to
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:05 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Lori Berkner...... My kids LOVED her at that age.. They still do.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• http://www.laurieberkner.com/site/
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:16 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• NWA
    2 Live Crew
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• If someone is playing Laurie Berkner at a birthday party i'd be quick to leave..

and LMAO@ NWA and 2 Live Crew..

Play some clean rock music..
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:33 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• OP here - My kids do love all kinds of music - rock, 50's music, country, jazz, r&b, disco, etc., but what I worry about is finding that the lyrics are less appropriate than I thought. A lot of times I put something on at home thinking it is VERY clean, and then I get surprised when I realize there are actually a lot of inappropriate lyrics. I would love to find a mix of GOOD music minus anything that would leave other parents saying, "I can't believe she played THAT at a kids party!"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• OP here again - I was pretty sure 2 Live Crew was pretty offensive, but I'd never heard of NWA. I looked it up, and just the song titles tell me that is not the direction I want to go. I will check out Laurie Berkner, but what I really want is normal music without any questionable content. If anyone has good ideas about how I can find that please let me know.

Thanks for the responses!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2009