How long would you try?

How long would you work at your marriage with no results? Say you are doing all that you can but nothing seems to be helping. How long would you continue before you emotionally and physically and physiologically couldn't take it any more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• I would try until I knew that i had tried it all and given 110% to make my marriage work so that I could never look back and I say "What if we would have_____. " Try it all so you dont have any regrets! And pray! Let past hurt o and give it your best shot!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• It depends on the situation sweetie. How long have you been working at it? And if nothing seems to be helping can I assume that you are the only one doing the work here? Maybe that is why it is so emotionally and physically draining for you. If you are both working at it then maybe you could use some counseling. If it's just you doing the work, I'd seriously consider telling him to step up or it's time to leave.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:02 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Yes, I'm the only one working at it. I've asked if he would AT LEAST read some of these books I have (I have also been talking to people which he has refused to do) but when he does, it's ONLY the chapters about sex and how women don't give it to their man enough. How is that supposed to help???

We have been having these communication problems for a few years now. It's just been in about the past 6 months or so that things have gotten down right dirty!! We are just not nice to each other! (I'm not one to point fingers. We are married, there for WE are to blame, not HIM) So with that said, I still feel like I'm exhausting my self keeping up with toddler AND trying to tip toe around hubby!!! (NO, baby is not the problem!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Did I mention hubby is 6 yrs. younger than me? Maybe that's part of my problem!! He went from mommy strait to wifey (me). He was 21 when we met. We have been together for 7 years and married for 3. Maybe that clutters my thoughts, thinking about how much younger than me he is and the less life experiences he has.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I worked at my marriage for a couple years, until I realized that I couldn't take care of my 3 kids and myself AND work on a marriage that wasn't worth saving. The kids come first. If he is watching you fight and/or be mean to one another, maybe it would be better for him if you left, at least for a little while until/unless your dh is willing to start working on things too.

Answer by missanc at 11:56 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• So, I've been considering splitting for a while. That is part of why I asked the question. But part of my problem is I have no place to go. I have been off work since I got pregnant and don't have ANY family near. The closest is a good 500 miles away or more. So there for, it would be a long drawn out process just to take off for a few weeks. (Get a job, save some money, figure out if I had to buy a junker to HOPEFULL get me to my Sis or see if he would just let me take our car that happens to be under his name only. And then how would we take care of our selves with little to no money) OR I would have to ask him for the money.....to leave him. : / I think that would go over like a fart in church!

My sis could help me out to some extent but she is not very well off and has handicapped children that take a lot of her time, emotion and finances! I'm kinda stuck and lost as to what to do!!! Any other thoughts? PLEASE?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Msg me if you want to chat. Ithink it would be easier one on one if we could use the instant messanger. I left my husband but I had to do alot of soul searching first and afterwards. ihad a plan and I had to gain my strength. alot goes into it. If you need someone to talk to just let me know
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2009