Did anyone try for a boy or girl?

Did it work? What did you do?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 10:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Try for a boy? There is no such thing. I wanted a boy with #1. Got a girl. Wanted a boy with #2, got a girl. Then stoped, cause I was afraid I would get another girl.

Answer by louise2 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• someone was telling me that certain positions are more likely to result in a boy and others are more likely to make a girl...i was jsut wondering if their was any truth to that? seems strange, btu I think the info is out there just dont know if it is true...
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:04 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• you just have sex and you get what you get, none of the methods work, you either get a boy or a girl either way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• There is truth to timing to get a boy or girl, but it's not a sure thing. Female sperm stay in the body longer as the male sprem die off sooner. So if you want a boy, have sex closer to ovulation. If you want a girl, have sex a bit before ovulation. Not sure the exact timing, and it just helps with odds, not a 100%.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Wanted a boy both times and got them. Didn't do anything special though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• THERE IS NO TRUTH TO TIMING OR POSITION FOR A BOY OR GIRL and if you believe it then you're insane, you get what you get , The sex of the baby is already determined long before the sperm fertilizes the egg.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for about 6 mths. So just to finally be pregnant was a blessing in itself. I will admit, we both wanted it to be a boy, but we found out it's a girl, most likely. We were ecstatic either way. He wants a boy, but with this pregnancy I only had morning sickness for 2 mths. I'm afraid if I do end up with a boy, I'll be sick even longer. Maybe if I say that to myself, I might get a boy on the next one, if i say I want a girl. HAHA!
    BigBellyMom

Answer by BigBellyMom at 11:28 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• "There is truth to timing to get a boy or girl, but it's not a sure thing. Female sperm stay in the body longer as the male sprem die off sooner. So if you want a boy, have sex closer to ovulation. If you want a girl, have sex a bit before ovulation. Not sure the exact timing, and it just helps with odds, not a 100%."

No...

Female sperm survive longer but move slower than male sperm so your chances are about the same either way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• had a boy first, then another boy, then wanted a girl had anothe boy, tried again for the girl had another boy, tried again got another boy.......we'll try again one more time in a few years...lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My sister did some positions the dr suggested to get a boy(this was after she had two girls).
    Did not work. She eventually ended up(after some losses and time spent doing other things)having twin girls.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 25, 2009