Pennies from Heaven?

A bizarre phenomenon that I'm sure we all wish we could experience: money appearing seemingly out of nowhere. Pennies, dimes, quarters - even bills - appearing miraculously from who-knows-where. We're not talking about finding coins on the street. We're talking about money materializing from the sky and, more mysteriously, in and around houses and apartments - with no easy or logical explanation.

There are many documented instances of money raining down from the skies. During a storm in August, 1940, numerous coins fell on the Meshchera region of Russia. In 1956, pennies and halfpennies plopped down on children in Hanham, England as they were heading home from school. And in 1976, two clergymen watched as 2,000 marks worth of banknotes fluttered down from a clear sky in Limburg, West Germany.

Were their prayers answered or did someone simply toss money out of a plane and it fell from the sky?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 11:05 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My Great Grandpa always believed in "Pennies from heaven" - he swore that when his parents died, for months after he would find brand new shiny pennies on the ground in odd places - the barn, his kitchen, the bathtub . . . he believed that this was their way of telling him "hey we're keeping watch over you . . . ". He also believed that he received these same pennies when his wife died. In fact, my grandpa told stories of the pennies great-granddad would find. Always shiny and brand new. Well, he kept every single penny throughout the years, until he got sick. When he got to the point that he pretty well knew he was going to die, he told my grandpa to take the pennies and "cash them in". Almost 50 years worth of pennies found here and there added up to just over 1500 dollars!! When he passed away, Grandpa swears that the day they buried him, a new shiny penny appeared mysteriously on his gravestone . . . (cont)
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:16 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I don't know, but can only hope it will happen to me. I can always use some extra cash.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:07 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• one time in memphis it rained snakes. true story. anywhooooo....you can believe what you want to believe, in your mind what seems real will be.
    sounds more to me like a wind gust or small tornado got ahold of something that contained the money and that is where it dropped. it was later documented that a small tornado had went over a grassy snakepit and dropped the snakes in memphis. makes more sense logically.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:09 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Me too!

There are documented cases of other things falling from the sky such as fish, blood, flesh and frogs to name just a few. Most of the time it happens out of the clear-blue sky, so it has nothing to do with the weather.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:09 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• . . . Now, both my grandpa and my mom find shiny new pennies all the time. Also in bizarre places. Grandpa actually found one in his refrigerator the other day and my mom has found them in dish cabinets and her jewelry box . . .

Is there an explanation for it? There could be, but we like to think that it's a family tradition to leave each other pennies . . .
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:17 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I wish it would happen in my yard. Like around $300,000.00 to be exact. Enough to pay off my house and other bills. And a little for a vacation to Europe. LOL

Answer by louise2 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• jennie, that is such a great story!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Thanks :)
    My Great Granddad was an amazing man. I always thought he was a little bit magical. ;-)
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I believe in the Supernatural and I do believe God can bless people anyway He pleases. After all He rained Manna upon the Israelites so they could be nourished. God is a supernatural God and He did many supernatural things throughout the bible.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Answered at 11:09 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 by: IhartU

It actually does have something to do with the weather, but the weather in the area the fish, frogs, etc are, not the area where they fall. There is a good article explaining the frogs in detail & how they get sucked up in one area then rain down in another area which can seem pretty clear. I am looking for it...

As for the money, that is harder to explain. Sign me up for it & I will try to be a good observer to help solve the mystery :)
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 25, 2009