Is it safe to paint my sons room with out a mask while pregnant?

Im not spray painting anything but I do need to paint his whole room. Does any one know if this is ok?

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:22 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wouldnt do it! But talk to your doctor first!
    mommyof2boysmd

Answer by mommyof2boysmd at 11:26 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• You can buy that new type of paint that is non toxic.

Answer by louise2 at 11:27 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• No, what do you think, there are all kinds of chemicals in paint, they do have organic paints, but I'd still wear a mask.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-paint-or-be-around-paint-fumes-during-pregnanc_9484.bc

This says that water-based paints are OK as long as the room is well-ventilated. But solvent-based paints are not recommended. There is quite a list of precautions, but I'd be afraid even observing all of the precautions.

Answer by Bmat at 11:28 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• It is not recommended. You could wear a mask or you could have somebody else paint the room. We didn't paint our son's room until he was 3 months old, and even then our doctor told us to put him in another room with open windows.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 11:31 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Check out benjamin moore, they have Natura, no VOC's
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Well my husband offered to paint the room for me but I stay at home and I didnt want him to have to come home from work and paint. After we do p aint my sons room he wont be in there for next three or four days so the fumes wont be so strong. Thanks for everyone help
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:39 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• No. Your SO should do it and you should not be in the room at all for 48 hours.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2009