how can i get some sleep

i am 15wks pregnant and cant sleep, i am however really tired but when i go to try and get some i am wide awake.

GEM82

Asked by GEM82 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your still at that tired stage. Just relax in a chair and doze instead of trying to really sleep

Answer by louise2 at 11:31 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Try playing some soft music and envision yourself in a relaxing place, like the beach. I have tried that before and it really helped.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 11:33 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My doctor recommended Unisom sleep melts, and no more than 1 tablet a week. But since it's only 15 wks, rest up. Keep your feet up, lay down while watching tv. But resting your body now will help you in the long run. I'm 34 wks and now I am so sleepy (mind wise) but Callie moves a lot at night. Also remember, when you walk around, it lulls your baby to sleep and when you sit or lie down, it will wake her up. Maybe not immediately but she will start moving. But exercise is always a good way to tire your body out, and your mind. I walk about 15 min/day 5 days a week and it helps me even to this day. And it will help build stamina for the Big DDAy too.
    BigBellyMom

Answer by BigBellyMom at 11:33 AM on Aug. 25, 2009