if you have ever put your child in an inhome daycare did they have insurance? what would happen if a child got hurt do you know there policies or would they just call you/911

ALLIE637

Asked by ALLIE637 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would double check BEFORE leaving my child!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I personally wouldn't trust in home care, unless I really knew the person for a long long time.....b/c you don't know who's coming or going (visitors), if the kids are being mistreated (i've seen videos of this kind of stuff on hidden camera detective shows), if the kids are being hauled down the road, anything. I'd do a lot of research first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• ok thats not what im asking, maybe i said it wrong. what im trying to ask is did they have insurance? like is it normal for a home daycare to not have insurance, a lot of the people i have been calling dont have insurance and im trying to figure out if that is normal all the daycare facilities have it but no inhome daycares around my area do. so just wanted to know if its normal
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• It would depend on whether or not they are licensed through your state. If they are then yes they are required to have insurance. If not, they might have homeowners insurance, but I personally wouldn't take my kids to an unlicensed daycare.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Whether or not they have insurance doesn't change the fact that if a true emergency arose, they'd still call 911, and then me.

My older DD's went to a licensed in-home day care (she was recommended to me by a family friend, so I trusted her judgment) and she was wonderful. I don't know if she had insurance, but my kids had their own health insurance, so even if something did happen, the provider had a copy of their cards, and my written permission to sign for care if needed.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Check out www.childcareaware.org - great resource, and they can lead to in the right direction.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 6:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2009