Is this all men? Or is it just mine?

The other day, while school shopping for my son, I decided to get my DH some new underwear,since his was really ratty and holey. I was ashamed I hadn't done it sooner. So, I get home, show them to him,and tell him I want him to throw the others away. Know what he says to me? "Why do I have to throw them away, they are just now broken in good?" I just stood there, staring at him! Not, "gee honey,thanks for taking such good care of me,and worrying about stuff like that, when I don't", no, he just wanted to keep the old ratty stuff! So, does your SO/DH do this,or is mine just super annoying?

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• INope you are not alone! I just throw the old stuff out, he never knows.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I did that too. Last time, though, I tried to throw a t-shirt out I hated, and he kept getting it out of the trash. I finally took it over to my mom's apt,and threw it away there! LOL.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Not about underwear. But with tee shirt. He will wear/keep them tell they are falling apart.

Answer by louise2 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My husband is very appreciative of everything I get for him.
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 11:45 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Girl that just shows you that he is a real man lol I'm sure he was thankful but when you change a mans element he some times dont know how to act he loves his worn out boxers lol come on now dont you have that one favorite cotton t-shirt you were to bed or favorite granny gown or panties lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• LOL!

My husband is the same way. He wears the ratty stuff until I throw it out and replace with new. I even told him last trip to wear the ratty stuff one more time on the trip and toss it after he wore it. It makes sense because he'd be throwing it out at home anyway, and also it would mean he didn't have to pack up the old stuff and carry it home again. When I did the laundry after the trip, there were all of his ratty underwear and undershirts yet again! I said what's up with this? He said that they still had some good wear in them. I put them in the trash. Really, holes, worn out elastic, frayed collar and waistband, ... there's no way.

Answer by Bmat at 11:45 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• LOL!!!!!!!!!! mine is the same way- hes a contracter so hes jeans have holes in them and etc. I ofer to buy him new jeans and new outfits. I do anyways and he does wear them but he wears them to work! its like uggghhhh! The cutt off shirts. my man had a nice body and he needs to show it off more lol
    rachwater

Answer by rachwater at 11:45 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My Hubby loves it when I fuss over him. Everytime I go to the store for myself I always bring something home for him. He's not a clothes shopper so I have fun getting him things. It's also nice buying stuff when I know I get to look at him in them ;-)
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:46 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My DH has stuff that he wore in high school! He graduated in 1990. LOL! He has his mom patch all of his pants so he hasn't bought a new pair in about 5 years. He has 2 pairs that are his "nice" ones and the rest is crap! I am having a yard sale and cleaned his closet and dresser, I now have room to hang my stuff up! I also took all of his stuff out of our sons room. He told me what are you doing? I said de-cluttering. If you want to keep this stuff you can somewhere other than the house. He piled it up and took it to his shop. He now has several trash bags full of clothes that I don't know what he plans to do with them but by golly he has them still!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Mine's the same way. IT's got holes, throw it out! But not, it's always I love that shirt. If I get new ones to replace, he still wants to keep the old too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Aug. 25, 2009