what is going on??

i havent been really dieting lately, and i stayed at 183 pounds. now for lil over a week, ive doing the elliptical for about 45 mins a day, i drink LOTS of water, and i dont eat past 7 30. my day is pretty active with 2 kids under 2. i eat small meals 6 times through out the day. and if i splurge, its just a lil icecream bowl. a very small one at that.
when i wasnt doing ANYTHING i stay put, now im working on it and i got up to 189 pounds!!!

what is going on??? its really unmotivating, it aint going to stop me, but what the heck....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Most times people try to find the one little thing that they are missing to make it all come together. I believe I know what it is and to be bold from personal experience, here you go.
    The elliptical is the wrong machine! It is great for someone who is completely out of shape and need to get the blood flowing and the tendons strengthened, but once you are there put a cover over it. My brother is in shape from his elliptical and I just do cardio online. We went for a 45 minute walk and going up a hill he was out of breath and could not believe how out of shape he was! I charged up the hill like in a war movie and took it back! lol To lose weight "burn more than you take it" Period. Everything else you are doing is perfect. Change the exercise routine. If you want, try what I use. www.dailyfitplanet.com (at home, on my schedule, everyday is new)
    maurinew

Answer by maurinew at 3:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Maybe it's muscle?
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 11:52 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Maybe, which I know I tend to do is I think i'm eating much healthier excercising much more so I tend to snack a little more. I think I don't realize how much I am snacking because it's a little bit here and a little bit there. It all adds up. Maybe if your write down in a journal you can keep a log and see what you are really eating.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 11:57 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• im def going to try that out. thank you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Yes a food journal is always a good idea. What people don't realize is that when you work out you're building muscle which is really good, but it weighs more than fat. So people get discouraged when the number on the scale doesn't go down. You don't need to worry about weighing yourself, you should be measuring yourself to see if you're losing inches.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 1:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• that makes alot of sense. cause i couldnt fit a size 12, and now i do. but i gained 6 pounds... lol i dont like being 189 pounds.... lol i wish it was where i was like 140 pounds, with muscle. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• If it is muscle, your body will even out, if you have a GNC or something like that near you, or you go to a gym, see if someone can do a body fat measurement, and DO NOT let them use the BMI.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 6:04 PM on Aug. 25, 2009