How long did you wait to have sex after giving birth?

okay so i know your supposed to wait 6 weeks or so but dh and i are really bad and waited 4 days! I will also add that it was the best sex we ever had! anyways just wondered how long did you wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You're supposed to wait 6 weeks to have sex...but we only waited 2 weeks cause I was super horny! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• 4 days? girl my hoohah still hurts too bad for all that & my ds is 2 weeks old...it'll be a while before my dh gets any action, i'm still hurting & still bleeding
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Oh, and it was THE BEST sex for us to!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• 8 weeks with the first and 16 with the second... The last thing I wanted after I had a baby was sex! We didn't have sex after my first trimester either... It was to painful.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• We waited the full 6 weeks. I was in so much pain even then. I dont think its worth re-tearing or hurting something. Theres a reason the doctor tells you to wait.
    dorie84

Answer by dorie84 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• 7 or 8 weeks and it hurt like hell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• With our first 2 we only waited about 3 weeks. But our 3rd baby is only 8 weeks old and we have only had sex once since I had her. She was 6 weeks and 3 days then. It hurt pretty bad so we haven't had sex again since then. The only reason we waited so long this time is b/c I had my tubes tied after her and didn't to mess something up with that. I had c-sections with all 3 of mine.

I have really been wanting it lately, though, so I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to wait. :-)
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• 4 months, but I tore really badly and things were just way too sore
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My provider never told us to wait six weeks, she said it was fine to resume sex once bleeding had stopped completely. We resumed before my six week postpartum check up. I did not find it to be the best sex of my entire life, but it wasn't bad either.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I tore really bad and had lots of stitches. We waited a LONG 5 wks and tried to, but it hurt too bad. Tried again at 6 wks, but we had to do it very gentle and soft. I think at 8wks pp everything was ok. Still tender though.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2009