washing baby clothes ?

This is going to sound incredibly ignorant but.....
I have no clue how to wash and dry my baby's clothes!

I'm 35 weeks and I want to wash a few things, her coming home outfit, her little dress for pictures, little socks, and some blankets and burp clothes.

I have dreft, but what settings should I use on the washer? Do I dry them in the dryer or do they dry on their own?

Oh, and should I wash the sheets that are on the crib and the car seat covering?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wash my kids clothes on the delicate cycle, follow the label for temp. I dry them unless it states otherwise... I would Definitely wash the sheets- I probably wouldn't wash the car seat cover but it wouldn't hurt.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Check the tag to see what temp to wash at. I personally do everything on warm or cold I don't like to wash in hot water. Most baby clothes are pretty simple wash and dry and go. I also dry just about everything on med. (I am the first to admit that I am NOT the laundry queen-I leave that to my MIL) However, I am glad that I did wash everything before my DS was born. He ended up having eczema and needed that special soap.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Delicat Cycle, Cold, dry on the lowest heat setting (not tumble dry).
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• make sure you have a laundry detergent that clearly states it is free of dyes and perfumes!!!!! easier on baby's skin, especially if your baby ends up having some kind of allergy.

i have 3 kiddos and 1 on the way. i wash everyone's clothes in cold water coz it saves energy. but i use the baby all detergent and a purex fabric softener with every load. then i use a purex dryer sheet. i would definately wash the bedding! you should wash the bedding at least once every two weeks, keeps it clean.
    jennalms

Answer by jennalms at 12:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I wash all the clothing and bedding I get for my kids before using whether it is new or used.

Unless your baby turns out to have unusually sensitive skin, you can just wash with regular detergent with the rest of your family's laundry. No special detergents or setting required.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My goodness! I ever really paid attention to baby clothes in the laundry.... I think I recall putting themin with everything else! I did sort things by color and used cold water......

Peace and Love
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 12:34 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I always just separate by colors and whites, then throw them in with everything else. If the baby has a sensitivity, I'll change that to accommodate the problem.

With my first, I used the Dreft for a while and separated her clothes out. I didn't after a few months and never did with my second.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 1:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2009